Wednesday, March 12, 2014

CYBR 650 Introductory Blog -- Hello, my name is Robert Nilsson. I am a student at Bellevue University’s Cyber Security Master’s degree (MS) program. I am in my final semester and am taking two courses: CYBR 650, Current Trends in Cyber Security, and PS 639, Cyberwar and Cyber Deterrence. The CYBR 650 is a capstone course and we are currently engaged in process modeling. Based upon the subjects listed by the Discussion Board (where we post our assignments), it appears that we will be discussing processes and systems analysis, amongst other things. We will also be delving into current trends in cyber security. This blog will focus on the CYBR 650 course and will most likely be updated weekly (depending on the weekly assignment requirements) on my progress and what I’ve learned discovered during this semester. This first week I am challenged with determining a threat analysis process model. Yeah, right! I have a lot of research to complete before I begin to develop my model. What is a threat (I already know that) but how do I create a process and fit it into a flow chart. Interestingly enough, in my research, I came across a power point presentation developed by Microsoft which indicates that a flow chart is the wrong way to do this. Oh, well – I’ve got do what the assignment requires. I don’t believe Microsoft is the only player in the cyber security game anyway. So it’s off to the cyber world, getting creative and having fun learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment